Philip Loots (PL) and Donald Charrett (DC) recently delivered the following training courses:
- University of WA: Oil & Gas Project Development (PL)
- Singapore: EPC Contracts for Oil & Gas Projects – from Feasibility to Operations
- Johannesburg: Management and Administration of Contracts for Infrastructure and Power Sectors Masterclass (DC)
- Singapore, Shenzen and London: Introduction to FIDIC Contracts (DC with Siobhan Fahey)
- Johannesburg: EPC Contracts Management for Infrastructure and Power Sectors Master Class (DC)
The most recent papers presented by PL and DC include the following:
- Gastech Conference Singapore 2015: Does $50/bbl oil require a new approach to delivering successful projects?
- Consulting Engineer Sydney 2015: Design contracts from the Client’s perspective
- FIDIC Asia Pacific Conference Singapore 2015:
– Understanding Dispute Boards
– When is a so-called “FIDIC Contract” not a FIDIC contract?
– Case study on the Red Book
– The White Book in practice – the business of Consulting Engineering
- Law firm Melbourne 2015: EPC & EPCM Contracts, Fitness for Purpose
- FIDIC Contract Users’ Conference London 2014: The Engineer’s Roles and Risks under FIDIC Contracts
- Society of Construction Law, NZ 2014: The Engineer is dead. Long live the engineer!
- Corporate Legal Excellence, and Fifth International Construction Law Conference, Kuala Lumpur 2014: Dispute Boards: Review, Adjudication or Avoidance of Disputes
- FIDIC Asia-Pacific Contract Users’ Conference Shenzen 2014: Risk Allocation under the FIDIC Forms of Contract; Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- University of Melbourne 2014: Dispute avoidance and resolution